Dr. Linda J. Warren Burhenne, MD, F.R.C.P.C., FACR, Clinical Professor, University of British Columbia
Internationally recognized as an expert in breast imaging, Dr. Warren is also :
- Chief Radiologist of the Screening Mammography Program of B.C. (SMPBC)
- Founding Director of SMPBC
- a Fellow of the Society of Breast Imaging
- Reviewer for the Canadian Association of Radiologists' (CAR) Mammography Accreditation Program - Committee Member
- Canadian Representative - American College of Radiology. Breast Commission, Advisory Committee
- Diagnostic Accreditation Program of British Columbia - Committee on Mammography
In addition to her academic and public service responsibilities, Dr. Warren is chief radiologist and administrator of her own clinical practice specializing in Breast imaging in Vancouver.
Dr. Warren has given more than 200 lectures across North America and around the world. Her attendance and participation at over 160 major meetings and workshops across Europe, Asia, Saudi Arabia South America and North America keeps her in tune with the latest developments, the benefits of which she brings back to her patients.
Often quoted in the media, Dr. Warren has published over 85 original articles and served as the Editorial Reviewer for the American Journal of Roentgenology and the Journal of Canadian Association of Radiologists, Breast Diseases "A Year Book Quarterly, Seminars in Breast Disease".
Dr. Warren is a member of numerous organizations including:
In 1992, Dr. Warren received a commemorative medal for the 125th Anniversary of Confederation of Canada for her "significant contribution to compatriots, community and Country"presented by Ramon Hynatyshyn, Governor General. She has also received:
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Canadian Association of Radiologists
- Federation of Medical Women of Canada
- Pacific Northwest Radiological Society
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
- British Columbia Medical Association
- BC Radiological Society
- UBC Medical Alumni
- Society of Specialists Physicians and Surgeons
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Vancouver Medical Association.
- Fellowship, American College of Radiology, September 26, 2000
- YWCA Woman of Distinction Winner - 2000
- Women Entrepreneurs of Canada - Influential Women in Business Awards, February 2001
- B.C. College of Physicians and Surgeons Award of Excellence 2005
- Vancouver Medical Association - Primus Inter Pares 2008
- Recipient, Order of British Columbia - September 2009
- BCMA Silver Medal Service Award - June 2010